LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Zoom problem in 1.6.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm new to LR timelapse, so please forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question.

I've built a timelapse with a zoom in it using the Auto (keyframes) button, zooming from a crop to fullish frame and then staying at that size for the rest of the video. Both the keyframes are set to 16:9, as are the remaining frames in the video.

Instead of the video being one physical size on the screen, with the image changing the amount of zoom, the video picture starts off at a small size and the picture itself gets bigger until it reaches the edge of the screen. One I built before did not act like that - it acted as if the camera was moving.

I wondered if I am doing something wrong, or if this is a bug in the new version? I am producing the video with the slideshow part of Lightroom and using the 25fps and 1080p templates.

Many thanks for any help.
It seems that your source images are too small. Lightroom doesn't enlarge images on crop, it only shrinks.
So if for example your source images are only Full-HD (1920x1080) and you set a smaller crop in the output video you will get a dark frame.

You can see the size of the cropped image in Lightroom when you press "I" or in LRTimelapse in the Preview, there is an indicator saying "not enough for 1080p" or similar.
Thanks for the very swift reply. That's exactly what happened. Re-doing it and being careful about the sizes has fixed the problem.

Many thanks.