LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: First Time Lapse - Video Blurry When Processed in LR5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I just took 700+ still pictures to make a time lapse video.
I imported all the pictures into LR5 and every picture looks sharp and crisp.
However, when I use the LRT plug-in/preset to make the time lapse via the slideshow tab of LR5, the video is extremely blurry.
More specifically, the first few frames are clear (like the raw pictures) but the rest of the video is blurry and pixelated.
I'm rendering the raw files I took into 24 fps @ 1080p, but when I play the time lapse back in QuickTime, it's extremely blurry.
i tried different fps and different quality and I get the same blurriness.
Am I doing something wrong here?
Please help.
You are not supposed to use the slideshow export in LR5. You have to launch the LRTExport via the library export.
gwegner, sorry for cross posting. I posted my initial post in the general section but decided that it was better fit for the workflow section. I deleted my initial post from the general section. Sorry.

I discovered that my workflow was completely wrong and that the slideshow tab of LR5 no longer allows me to export my timelapse using the LRT presets.

I also discovered that I need to download LRT3, export the raw files as jpegs, and render the timelapse directly from LRT3. Thank you for creating such a fantastic software.

However, although the timelapse is very sharp and detailed when I play it from the hard-drive of my laptop, the uploaded version of my timelapse on youtube suffers from a lot of artifacts and blurriness.

The settings for LRT3 for rendering my timelapse is: H.264 codec (mp4), output size is 1080p (force output 16:9), frame rate is 24fps, speed is 1:1, quality is high, and pixel format is 420.

These settings give me a timelapse with a very high quality when I play it back on my laptop via the hard-drive. But after uploading it to youtube, it looks terrible; even through the video is being played back on youtube at 1080p. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there a way to get better quality for my timelapse on youtube?

My timelapse is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waUArIP99Cw. As you can see in the top left corner near the trees, it's very blurry and pixelated. Do you think changing the output size or the quality or both would fix this problem?

Any help would be great.
Youtube compresses down. Use medium quality from LRT, and activate "LRT Motion Blur Plus". Should give you better results on YT.
I just rendered the same timelapse using medium quality without activating "motion blur plus," and it still looks like crap on youtube. In fact, it looks the same as the one rendered in high quality. I'm using the trial version of LRT 3.3 so motion blur plus is not an option for me. Is there any way I can see what the video would look like on youtube after rendering it with motion blur plus? I want to see if it helps the video quality on youtube before i buy a license for the full version or LRT.

Also, why would decreasing the video quality in LRT produce better quality for a video that's uploaded on youtube? Wouldn't decreasing the quality in LRT reduce the quality of a video uploaded on youtube as well? Sorry, I'm new to all of this and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Lastly, thank you for developing LRT. My objective is to get better at this and then subscribe to the full version to create beautiful timelapses like yours.
Youtube will mostly comress down to 10MBPs or lower.
Normally you would use the high quality footage from LRTimelapse (even low quality is better then YT) and put it into a video processing program for combining diferent clips adding music etc.. Then you export for YT in 10MBPs.
A better option then YT is Vimeo. Videos usually have better quality there.

PS: if you work with YT don't forget to set the quality to FullHD when playing back, otherwise YT will only playback a low resolution version that looks like shit. Maybe that's your problem.