LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Flicker Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have done a few LRTimelapse videos previously without drama but for some reason I can't get the result with this scenario.

I have tried to deflicker this through the deflicker and holy grail methods but for the life of me can not get it to be flicker free. It seems to struggle particularly when the sun is going down.

I have used Magic Lantern auto ETTR to shoot the timelapse adjusting the ISO and shutter speed (not aperture) throughout the process.

I've tried changing from 0.5 to 0.1 EV and end result is identical.

Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siHWqa_zzlo
You could try to deflicker the exported intermediary sequence (LRT_*) in a second step.
Just load it into LRTimelapse, ignore the warning, apply deflicker and export again. This will normally get rid of all residual changes in brightness.
Thanks. Will give that a try.
I have the same problem, and just did it a second time and re-imported the images, but there is still some remaining flicker.

It's an indoor timelapse (no daylight involved at all, with a grey background that really shows the flicker well) It's shot in jpeg because of the enormous amount of images over 2 months. Ik hope that's not the causing the incompletely deflickering. Aperture 5.6 time 1/6 and everything else on manual ofcourse.
I already figured out that it's an aperture flicker, because when I set my aperture and slightly rotate the lens so it can't comunicate with the camera and the aperture stays the same, my flicker is gone.
But the timelapse with the flicker has been made over the past 2 months and I can't redo it. So I really need to get rid of the aperture flicker in this sequence.

I hoped you program could solve my problem, and I'm working in the try-out version right now to see if it's completely deflickering my sequence before I buy it. But so far it hasn't yet. What else can I do if I already doubled the deflicker in LRTimelapse?

Greetings,
Heidi
Normally you should be able to get rid of the flicker pretty well. Did you watch and follow the deflicker tutorial? Make sure to set a proper reference area. This and additionally the 2nd step deflicker on the intermediary jpg files should get you going.
Yes I've watched it, and set the reference area mosly in the grey background and a little part of the subject, just like you did in your video.

Before this I've tried GBdeflicker in After Effects, and also that wasn't sufficient, some flicker remained.
I really hope the jpeg format is not the problem.