LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: upside down DSLR on emotimo/ DP slider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have seen some really nice shots mounting the camera upside down on an emotimo and DP slider. I had thought this was accomplished with a special mounting device but in a behind the scenes shot I noticed the camera was just upside down. Is there a setting in the camera's menu that will flip the image?
Is this accomplished in post production?

Thanks for any input.
If there is an option to flip the image in the camera menu, I think it would be useful to know what camera you have. My guess was that it was done in post, but just a guess unless it is a GoPro camera, which does indeed have a flip image option.

The main reason I am responding is I would like to see some of the videos you are referring to, it sounds interesting.
It's a simple set of keystrokes to select all images and rotate 180 degrees so I imagine it's done in post. My guess is that they are using a Bogen "Magic Arm" to hold the camera.
Here's the video clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oUaImAwuoQ#t=34 go to 0.33 to see the camera mounted upside down and .38 to see the timlapse.

I use a Canon 1DX and emotimo TB3 with a Dynamic Perceptions Dolly.
Dave, thanks for pointing out the point of interest in the video.

I'd say the images were rotated 90 degrees twice, I can't think of any post processing software that won't do that. Very easy to select a thousand photos, hit rotate twice and it's done. I might be missing something, but I think that's all they did.

From what I see the camera is mounted normally, it is the slider that is upside down.

Anyway, good luck.