LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Day-to-Night Sky Color Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to everybody,

I'm struggling with a problem:

I followed the holy grail (day-to-night) procedure (it's not the first time..) but I cannot match the jumps (**/***)... two images below worths more than thousands words.
The lower part of the image seems correctly exposed, upper part is a mess!
It happens in all jumps.

Shoot settings:
Manual
F 2.8
Iso & Time set manually to keep +1EV

Someone knows why?
Please help, thanks
[attachment=638]
[attachment=639]
The automatic matching does a good job, but there are a couple of reasons that might lead to small differences in the matched images.
Mostly it's the camera exif data that does not exactly match the camera's real behaviour.
Then it's the editing in Lightroom, that might apply non linear appearance to the images.

In those cases you have to manually adjust the exposure of the 3* keyframe in Lightroom to get a closer matching, then save metadata for the changed keyframes and in the last holy-grail row, go on "Auto Transition Special", select "2*/3*" and apply that transition again in order to get the intermediary images transitioned. Save and reload the whole sequence in Lightroom. Render.
I've tried more than once this way but the exposure control do not allow to recover the same sky color tone between ** and ***.....
This might be an indicator, that one of the keyframes is clipped in the blue channel.
What do you mean?
Either the 2* or the 3* keyframe might be overexposed, causing a clipping. Then it's difficult to match them.