LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Lightroom adjustments introducing flicker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I shot a time-lapse evening fade to night overlooking a freeway with the city of Los Angeles in the background. Render video with no adjustments following the LRTimelapse basic workflow and there is no flicker. After adding adjustments in Lightroom, going through the basic LRTimelapse workflow, flicker was introduced. I tried with and without deflicker, neither method made any difference in eliminating the flicker.

So i'm assuming it's one of the adjustments, I just have no idea which one. Instead of rendering a separate movie for each adjustment, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has run into this problem. I corrected for perspective, cropped, rotated the image, changed exposure, changed white balance, added presence, added noise reduction, and increased the contrast. Any ideas what might be the culprit?
Some of the "non linear" adjustments in lightroom might introduce slightly different visual appearance for each image, if exaggerated.
Try lowering the amount of those controls, especially Clarity, Whites, Blacks, Contrast.
Deflickering will not help because deflickering will use Exposure (which is mostly linear) for correction but the other sliders will stay.