LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Holly Grail issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=640]Hello everyone,
I'm a photographer from Adelaide-Australia and new in this forum.
A few weeks ago I made a Holly Grail and I had some issues that I need to solve or avoid it in the future.
During the process I was compensating the changes of the lighting conditions changing the shutter speed and ISO values, but there were some moments when the sun was brighter than others because of the clouds movements, that I had to increase the shutter speed until 1/640 in some moments.
That caused that some areas in those photograph were underexposed and then when LRTimeLapse does the compensation try to bring the exposure up in those areas, causing a lot of noise.
So, my question is: If possible, can I solve this problem? how can I do it?
And finally, how can I avoid this problem happening again, do I need to change the exposure method? or just picking a different area to measure the light?
In the picture attached you can see the area I chose to measure the exposure (blue square) in the highlighted picture.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Camuco.
Hi Camuco,
there might be situations, where the dynamic range just exceeds what your camera is able to reproduce.
I suggest using the histogram for image analysis while shooting (either via the camera preview or with DslrDashboard). Then you can just avoid clipping in the highlight areas (the most important) and don't have to deal with the camera-metering (that's not that reliable for this purposes).
Best
Gunther