LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Holy grail method does not match 2stars with 3stars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm following every single step of the holy grail tutorial. I have a sequence that is shot with auto iso turned on with constant aperture and shutter speed.

However, when I completed the first row of the holy grail workflow, in Lightroom the 2stars exposure is not matched with 3stars. Why?
I just tried another sequence of mine, same result. It's shot with the same settings though so maybe holy grail workflow doesn't work with my way of shooting time lapse?
That approach will only work when shooting in manual mode (not A, and not Auto ISO).
If you shoot with Auto ISO or A (I don't recommend it), don't use Holy Grail, just use the deflicker workflow. Make sure not to create the 2*/3* keyframes.
Thanks so much for help! Can you explain a little bit more what the holy grail method is? Is it the method of using M mode?
The Holy Grail Method is using "M" and then adjusting Exposure time and/or ISO when shooting in steps of 1/3, 2/3 or 1 Stops. You can do the adjustments either manually or automatically, for example with DslrDashboard. LRTimelapse will then level those changes automatically with the "Holy Grail Wizard".
Please check out my Tutorials as well: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial