LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Holy Grail and a slider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Gunther/Guys

In the latest video with DSLR dashboard you are using a slider in conjunction with the holy grail technique.

I have done this before but haven't been that happy with the results, I was using an interval for the slider of what I thought would be the longest exposure. I think I was gettig worried about movement during a exposure when I probably shouldn't.

Care to share what settings you would use for the slider ?

Thanks
Hi Lerroy,
it does not matter, if you use a slider or not. Especially when you are not touching the camera when doing the adjustments.
Just set up the slider as usually, let the motion controller trigger the camera. Then connect with qDslrDashboard. It will wait until it receives the next image preview from the camera, analyze it and then trigger the changes if needed. You don't have to worry that anything gets out of sync.
Just make sure to leave enough "dark-time" inbetween the longest shutter time and the interval like explained on:
http://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
Best
Gunther
Hi Gunther

Thanks for the reply

Ok i just re watched video on dslr dashboard...whoops missed the part the slider trigger lead / shutter release connection still connects to camera and controls the interval, and the smartphone/tablet controls the exposure compensation...

now I understand Smile

thanks