LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Dashboard LRT Canon 650D TPLink Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 650D that I use in my 6 axis slider I built. I am trying to keep as few wires off of it as possible since it rotates in so many axis's. I have been using DragonFrame for motion control and camera control. I use it in Move shoot Move mode. Dragon times this shot correctly.
DSLRDashboard adds the wireless and the LRT option so that was my next step. I have it working mostly. Well some of the time. Live view works. It connects to the camera no problem. It crashes frequently. I am using a Archos 80 G9 tablet with a 250gb Samsung Pro 840SSD.
Following the video tutorials I see a need to have it set to JPG + Raw. Its how I normally shoot anyway. The tutorials say to set the JPG to as small a possible. Problem is I cannot find a way to lower the JPG setting in the camera or DSLRDashboard. Only gives me Large Fine when combined with Raw. Which means my time to download and preview is very long. Any hacks or potential upgrades to change this?
I have used the latest version of Dashboard from the play store and the beta cross platform version. Since I do not want to connect my intervelometer to my camera and use the tablet I am stuck with the Play Store version. I have a battery grip with the intervelometer built in. But it raises the center of my lens to high on the mount and now when I roll it is not on axis. I can build another slider to compensate for this but was looking to avoid that. And trying to keep it as light as possible.

So last night I tried to capture a time-lapse of a beautiful sunset using the Dashboard, TPlink and 650D. This did not work out. It captured 32 frames out of the 1200 I was looking for. This was after numerous crashes and reboots. The number one problem is getting the image preview into the LRT tab. Out of 20 or so attempts it showed up only twice on first start up. Once there I could set the settings and as the timelapse was running it would download the preview and adjust. It worked for 7 images and froze. That is LRT was no longer receiving images to adjust. The timelapse was still going up to 32 images but then it froze. The dialog on the screen said it was still capturing images. It was not. I had set 10 seconds between shots. The exposure at that time was 1/320. Should have been plenty time to download and preview. The tablet was 10 feet from the tripod.
Any suggestions of this being more reliable? Besides taking the intervelometer out of the equation. Was thinking about changing the setting to only process every other image in the holy grail mode. But this still don't explain why I have only managed to get images to review and set to pop up on that tab twice.

Donny
Tipps: set JPG size in camera, if not possible in qDDB.
Use qDDB it's way more stable, use an external intervalometer.
Cannot change JPG size in Camera or qDDB. Not when using RAW+JPG. Only gives me Large JPG + RAW. No other JPG + Raw option.
Anyone had good success with a 650D and qDDP or DDP using the LRT Holy Grail method?.

Still wondering why the preview does not show up in the LRT tab.

Donny
I took your advice and hooked a Polaroid Battery Grip/Intervelometer to the camera. This works fine if I do not connect to the camera with qDDB 0.14.
Once I hook qDDB to it I start to have issues. If I use live View to compose my shot and set focus, speed iso etc then it locks out the intervelometer. It locks it out so bad that it have to disconnect the batter grip from the camera. Just turning the camera off does not fix it.

I tried a couple more things but it was error after crash after error. I will find a different intervelometer and try again.

Do you have a suggestion?

Donny