LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Canon 70D(w) Samsung Galaxy S3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Just got a new 70D (w) wireless version and I am trying to get it to work with DSLRdashboard on a Samsung Galaxy S3 but to no avail.

I can open up EOS Remote and happy days, everything works as described.

I'm pretty savvy with computers and all things electrical but im lost.

DSLR dashboard comes up at the start. with the typical 4 buttons one for USB three for Network. I know the camera is sitting on 192.168.1.2 and my phone is sitting on 192.168.1.10 all i get is IO exception Host.. Under the connected DSLR there is nothing.

I have looked though the forums and i know that people have gotten them to work.

any assistance would be appreciated as I am heading out to the Australian outback for two weeks.

Regards
Brendan
I'm not sure if the 70D is already supported. We only tested with the 6D yet - and for that one you have to use the "Canon WFT" Button.
Probably you will have to send Zoltan some logs with the 70D in order for him to be able to support it. Please contact him directly, if he doesn't answer to this thread.

Zoltan, what do you think?
Good afternoon,

So I have since realised that I was running the Google play variation of DDB. i have now downloaded the apk qDDB from Zoltans google drive and installed it.

It looks a lot different than prior (google play version) and I note that the Canon WFT button is present.

I will give it a try tonight and report because it would be really great to have this operational on such a small device.

I have a back up battery for the phone so it can run for the whole night and a 12 volt dummy battery for the 70d so it does not run out of battery and going to a place where the milky way throws your shadow on the ground should be pretty nice!
As Borat would say...

Greeeeat Successsss.

You must have the new version qDDB downloaded off Zoltan's website.

Galaxy 3 smart phone runs and connects flawlessly to the 70D on board wifi.

Than you Gunther and Zoltan for supporting and developing a fantastic solution.