LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: From sunset to the Milky Way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you for getting back to me Gunther,

I have checked and the D5100 doesn't seem to have an option for manual aperture ring Sad I have herd of the twist method before so i will give this a try.

I will be upgrading to Full frame in the next few months so it's not too much of a problem, i'm just torn between either a second hand D700 or a new D610. But i can't decide which might be the best option.

Do you have any opinions on the aforementioned camera body's? I mainly shoot landscapes and time-lapse including astro time-lapse. I have herd that the noise performance on both the D700 and D610 is quite similar.
Hi Zaren,
you might want to check out the new D750 if you would like to go full frame, I love that Body! Awesome ISO performance, tilt display and WiFi - everything you need for TL!
Best
Gunther
I hadn't even considered the D750, yet another choice!! I will have to check it out. Thanks again.
Hi Gunther

Just to give you a quick update, i went for the D750 and couldn't be happier it looks to be an incredible camera, thank you for the suggestion. Now i just need the weather to play ball so i can go outside and shoot!
Awesome, enjoy it - I'm currently in Thailand with the D750 and it's awesome!
Gunther, which objective do you recommend for this cam while shooting TL astro?
Any fast lens should do. I use the 14-24 f/2.8 a lot and the new Sigma Art 25 f/1.4
Pages: 1 2