LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Max Image Number - 100 day timelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 100 day time lapse with about 9000 images per day.

I want to buy a licence but am concerned.

Will LRT be able to handle a single day? Or several days?

Thank you
9000 images should be no problem, it mostly depends of the memory your computer can supply and the time you would like to wait... :-)
But feeding 900000 images would certainly be no good idea.

LRTimeapse Pro has a good support for long term time lapse - you can filter out dark and bright images, etc. to intelligently reduce the amount of images.
But I would start on a per day basis (9000 images then) - and start reducing from there. It normally just does not make sense to use that many images for the end results.
Thanks for your replies. I need a way to view and scrub out unwanted sections of the time lapse without duplicating my library or deleting images, looks like I might have to. Keep up the great work and consider my posts as feature requests.

I think I am going to view and scrub out images in Adobe Premiere. Then export an XML file, the copy all those images into a new folder via a script.

Then start the timelapse process.
My advice for long term time lapse is to use LRTimelapse for the scrubbing and removing. Just work on a copy of the original images, if you have to keep all. LRT Pro has a very sophisticated feature called "select by criteria" that will allow you to easily remove dark and bright images inside a special bandwidth following a trend.
I would like to make a tutorial for that but don't have such footage - maybe you would like to provide it for the demo, then just contact me. Ideally I would need a couple of weeks/months - but not 900 a day ;-)
I also plan to run a 100 day timelapse, but I'm shooting just one image every 2 minutes across a period of 10 hours, so 300 images per day.

This is the working day for a construction site.

That's 30,000 images total - total running time at 25fps of 20 minutes.

Would I be correct to assume that number of images would be workable in the standard product?

My images are 6MP NEF files from a Nikon D70s.

Many thanks.
If you have enough memory you can certainly load sequences of that size. However it might be rather painful to work with them. So it might be a better approach to spit the sequence in smaller parts, then use the "select by criteria" feature of LRT Pro to filter out unwanted (dark/bright etc.) images and then after narrowing down the sequence merge it together again.

Again: if someone sends me a long term time lapse sequence, I would be glad to make a video tutorial.
I'll be happy to send you mine - about 100 days from now!
Maybe you could send me the first week in advance, I think this would be enough to make the tutorial Wink
Sure.

I have almost a week's worth. I'll email you a link from where you can download the images. Would you prefer NEF or DNG?
You can send me DNG's if they are smaller. Thank you, much appreciated!