LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Auto Holy Grail - Problem wth two consective exposure changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm making early forays into the auto holy grail function of DDB, running a Nikon D600 via a WU-1b on an ASUS Transformer tablet. In general, it's awesome, but on this morning's sunrise TL, I couldn't overcome an issue in which DDB makes exposure changes on two consecutive frames, such as...

ISO 50 / 1/10"
ISO 50 / 1/10"
ISO 50 / 1/13"
ISO 50 / 1/15"
ISO 50 / 1/15"

I haven't pushed this thru LRT yet (I'm in the field, with no computer), but my experience running manual holy grails is that this is not an optimal sequence.

I was nudging up my reference value throughout. Each time my float value hit the reference target, DDB knocked exposure down to what seemed a nice value, then knocked it down on the very next frame to a value that was underexposed. My interval was 4" - pushing the envelope on dark time for my starting SS of 2.5", but DLs seemed to keep up fine thruout.

I used a 1/3 stop interval (selected twice - I'm confused about why this occurs twice in my interface), a 3-average float average queue size, and 1 frame count for analysis.

Many thanks for any insights!
The Latest LRT (3.4) can handle consecutive changes very well, just try it!