LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Selecting by criteria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be really usefull to select by typing the exact threshold when using the "select by criteria" command in the pro version. Sometimes I just want to delete the darker pictures but keep the brightest.
Did you see that you can work with the shadows and highlights independently by remowing the "Lock" checkbox ?
Yes I did, but I want to increase the highlight bandwith even more so I only loose the darkest images, sadly LRtimelapse wo't let me
Will see, if I can increase the boundaries of the sliders.
I was just trying this out processing a long term time lapse (4+ months). The camera ran all day/night and I'd love to find a way to just select the really dark night images. Could the Select by Criteria dialog be expanded to allow selecting images based on a range of Mean values? I could manually go through and select images that way or visually in Lightroom but it takes forever and I've got a ton of these projects to process.

Think that might be possible?
That's exactly what the feature is for. Check out my tutorial about processing long term time lapses: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
I watched it yesterday and was following your workflow. Thats how I found out about the Select by Criteria feature. I think the problem might be that there are no values on the sliders so I really don't know what I am doing. I would think that if I had the sliders at one extreme, I would have 0 files selected while at the other extreme, I would have all of the files selected. However, that is not what is happening. In my example, with the sliders at the outside extreme, I have 346 of 3038 and with them at the inside extreme I have 0 of 3038 selected (as expected). In my case, I want just the day files selected so I should be looking for a selection of about half of the total files, say 1500.

That's why I was looking for a way to select files directly by the Mean Exposure column. For example, I just want to get rid of all of my night images by selecting everything with Mean Exposure value less than 0.100. If I could do that and then go through your process, I would be able to produce a much better linear deflicker value because I don't have the extremes of a bunch of black frames from the nights. As the Select by Criteria function is working now, I just can't get enough files because I have so many extremes from day to night.

Does that make sense? If I can get this to work as easily as you did in your tutorial video, this will be a huge time saver for me but right now it just simply isn't working.

Thanks for everything you do!
Please note that the selection with "select by criteria" will include the files to keep - to get the files you would like to remove, you have to invert the selection.
I understand that, but it doesn't change anything I have said above. The problem is this. When you have both day and night images in a sequence, the mean brightness with a linear deflicker applied is very dark because those totally black frames. Because of that, I want to use Select by Criteria to select ALL of the bright frames and just a few of the dark frames below the mean. Even with the slider controlling the lightness side unlocked and placed to the extreme, I am only getting a few images. It'd be great if each of those sliders actually selected all the images when at the extreme and 0 images when at the other extreme. Without a scale, it is basically arbitrary and I am unable to make it work on my sequences.

Thanks!
Okay, it's currently the way it is - but you are welcome to put a request into the feature request section and I will see if I can consider this for the next version.
Pages: 1 2