LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Help upgrading my camera equipment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been shooting a Nikon D7000 for a number of years. It's great for daytime shooting but it starts to struggle when I do low-light photography. So I am trying to figure out if it makes more sense to upgrade to a better lens to improve the light sensitivity to the camera or just invest in a new camera.

Please leave any feedback on what would be my best option for upgrading my equipment.

I have listed my current equipment below

Thank you. Smile

Equipment:
Nikor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikor DX 35mm f/1.8
Rokinon Fisheye 8mm f/3.5
What about the Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 ? An awesome lens. In my opinion the newer Crop sensors don't really offer a better high ISO performance, the D7000 is already pretty good.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to rent the lens tomorrow and test it out over the weekend. Have you shot with this lens before?
Sure, I shoot it all the time. But I don't use it that much for time lapse, since I rather prefer the 10-24 Nikkor DX for that on the APS-C sensors.
I really enjoyed the lens and I think it would be a great lens choice for wildlife or still photography.