LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: TP-Link MR3040 firmware help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for posting this thread on LRT's forum, but I couldn't create a user name because I didn't know the answer to the question for creating an account! By the way, what is the terminology for exposures longer than 30 seconds?

So here's my questions. on DSLR-Dashboards download page, there's two versions of TP-Link MR3040 firmware. I'm not talking about V1 or V2. I'm talking about V0.2-13 and V0.2-12.

What's the difference between these two and which one should I be downloading? I'm receiving my TP-Link MR3040 and would like to test it out on my T3i (600D) and try to shoot a time-lapse today.

Can someone provide some insight on this, please. The last thing I want to do is to download the wrong firmware and break my router.

Thanks.
I assume, if you want to use the latest qDslrDashboard, you will need the firmware with the higher version.

Regarding your question: did you try bulb/bulp ? ;-)
Haha, thanks Gunther. I know it was a stupid question but I didn't want to break a $40 router I just bought, so I wanted to make 200% sue I was downloading the right one. As for the answer, I think I tried "bulb" but that didn't work. Maybe I misspelled it lol. Thanks anyway.
I just got my TPLink MR 3040, but I didn't expect that it needs to be charged using a USB-to-USB adapter. ugh...
You can carge it with any micro USB smartphone charger.