LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Clouds vs bright sun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

just starting with making timelapses
Is there allready a thread about the problem i have when i timelapse clouds and there is a fast difference between: the landscape in bright sun and the landscape in full shadow because of the clouds.

So its not about the change form day to night but about the big differences in light situations repeating frequently during the timelapse.

Do i have to change the settings of my camera constantly or can i solve this with the LRtimelapse software?

Iff there's allready a thread/training on this issue i'm sorry for posting and will be greatfull with a link to this thread

Greetz Roald
I would normally try to avoid those situations because the results are mostly not so pleasant.
If you shoot under those conditions, just expose such that the bright parts (sun) are not overexposed. Just let the shadow parts get dark. Then correct in post with the shadows / highlights sliders in Lightroom. The dynamic range of the RAW files should be big enough to handle that easily.
Thanks!

This fast reply is highly apreciated!