LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Canon 1DX freezing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having a reoccurring issue with my Canon 1DX freezing. It happens after around 200 shots. At first I thought it was an error in my emotiimo set up. I thought it was cause by not having the interval set up properly. But this isn't the case. Last night I set up a night shot with a 2 second shot. I initially set the emotive up for a 4 second interval. and 3 second static time. Everything went well until around 200 shots the the camera froze. I then increased the interval to 6 seconds... same thing. I then upped the interval to 10 seconds ( same 2 second exposure) and the camera froze again. I let the program run and the camera would freeze every 1/2 hour, around 200 shots. Im using a 64 Gb 1000X memory card. The only thing I can think is that Im saving as RAW and JPG. JPG seems to load faster in DSLR Dashboard. I think I will try shooting in only RAW and seeing if this makes a difference.
Anyone else have similar experience?

Thanks,
Dave