LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: qDSLRDashboard on Note3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I posted this here: http://dslrdashboard.info/forum/viewtopi...p=637#p637

But it looks like this site's forums are a lot busier so maybe someone here can help?

Quote:Hello

Thanks for the really great looking software. Big Grin

Sadly I am unable to get it working at the moment, I am following Gunther Wegner's video showing how to use the app. He recommends qDSLRDashboard so I went with that.

I have a Galaxy Note3 and a TAB3 7 (Which wont work with OTG due to the crippled USB port)

I downloaded and installed the app and it is connecting to my cameras via OTG, it displays images on the cameras as well as camera info etc (I am using Canon 5D and 10D cameras) however when I press the Lv button nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling the software and installed the dslrdashboard from google play and that was the same but I noticed it said that it would require Open VC and that I would be prompted to install it by the app during installation, this never happened so I'm not sure if I need OpenVC with qDSLRDashboard as I saw no mention of it when downloading/installing.

Am I doing something wrong ? I wanted to get it working via OTG, learn how to use it and intend to use the Wi-Fi option once I get a portable router. (The TAB3 7 will be usable then :-) )

All and any help gratefully received

EDIT: Note3 is using 4.4.2
I think the problem might be the age of the cameras I am using, seems the 10D and 5D (Mark 1) just dont work with this type of software.