LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Video Post Processing with LRTimeLapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a little (or greatly) confused on one aspect of video post-processing. Not even sure if it is possible. I recently upgraded to LR5 and like the coupling of it and LRTimelapse to render videos with its various speed and quality options. No problems!

I have saved TL videos that I rendered using the video rendering capabilities of LR4. I didn't save the raw images from those time lapses so only have the output video file. Now, I'd like to redo several of those videos using the LRTimelapse rendering capability. If it is possible, what's the workflow I need to do this?

Is there a video that demonstrates what I want to do?

Thanks very much for your insight and assistance!

Jim[/size][/font]
Hi Jim,
you don't need the raw files, but you do need the intermediary sequences exported with LRTExport. Those folders will be created inside the output path that you configured in the LRTExport plugin and begin with LRT_
Make sure to deactivate "Delete temporary sequence" in the LRTimelapse render dialog, otherwise those intermediary sequences will be deleted after the first render.

BTW: I would not recommend deleting the RAW files, because you will not be able to re edit the sequences.

If fear in your case now you don't have the raw files and most likely the intermediary sequences have been deleted as well.
Gunther,

Many thanks and super ... believe I've got the process working. You are right, I have deleted some of my image datasets and only have the output video files. Started earlier this year, I've kept the datasets to be able to respond to new post-processing techniques (such as your new video post-processing and rendering techniques). Lots of data but I believe well-worth the cost of storage.

I have one additional question ... the image quality levels (Low, Medium, High, Very High and Ultra High) ... is this a perception index or based on some video industry daw standard?

I have rendered at various quality levels and found the relative size of the output videos are approximately 1, 1.5, 3, 10 and 15 for Low --> Ultra. I'm thinking a 1080, High Quality best suits my need for most videos, that is, web or photo presentations to photo groups. Again, would appreciate your thoughts!

Jim
Hi Jim,
you are right - high quality is already rather "awesome" so normally there is no need to go even higher. On contrary, the higher the quality, the bigger the file size, the more issues the players might have playing the files. Higher qualities are for post processing only,