LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Removing Airplanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have your book and have been playing with LRT. Very nice. Since you are the Guru, I have a question. Let me explain.

I shoot with a Canon 60D in RAW which makes CR2 files. On a night sequence I went into the RAW files via Photoshop and removed 5 airplane light trails from the still shots. After fixing each frame, I clicked done and moved to the next until all 5 airplane light trails were gone. In each instance after fixing a frame, it generated a new XMP file on the fixed frames. After completing all the frames I copied the whole RAW sequence including the new XMP files into a new folder for saving.

Then I opened LRT and imported the complete series of 342 shots. LRT asked if I would like to save the unsaved metadata and I assumed it meant the new XMP files generated when fixing a frame. I clicked yes and proceeded on with the import and selected initialize.

I then played the preview of the sequence in LRT and the airplanes were still in the shots. Have I done something wrong? Do you know a process using LRT, Lightroom, and Photoshop where I can remove airplanes?

Earlier you mentioned stamping the planes in Lightroom or LRT but can you explain stamping or that process?

Thanks

Mike
LRTimelapse will overwrite such settings when initializing a sequence. That means, you would have to do it at the very last stage of the process, right before exporting the video (after all transitions etc. were made).
There is some explanation related to this in the following faq article:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr

Another option would be to export the intermediary sequence from Lightroom (as usual via LRTExpor Plugin) and then stamp those JPG's on pixel basis with the normal clone stamp in Photoshop (not ACR!) and then just save the jpg with the modifications. This will be a destructive, pixelbased editing on the intermediary jpg files then.

Best
Gunther