LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Wifi or USB OTG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

New to all of this and very excited.

I am getting a used Nexus 7 2012 32GB tonight. I use a Nikon D5200 and I do have the Nikon WiFi adapter (can't recall the number W1b...?) which works fine.

I already bought a USB OTG cable, and I wanted to get feedback about the speed of transfer between qDD and the camera when using the LRTL module.

I assume it would be better/reliable to use the cable, over the Nikon Wifi adapter.

Can anyone who has experience offer me some advice on this? I worry about loosing the WiFi connection and starting over... I tried it with an OLD Nook Color w/ Cyanogenmod and the Wifi-qDD experience was awful... thus why I am buying the Nexus.

Also, I am aware of the rule of thumb of setting the interval to 4 secs. between exposures, I would love to drop that down to 1 or 2 secs. Would the cable be able to handle the image transfer faster to make this possible?

I live in NYC and inevitably there will be people in my shots... shooting at 4 secs. is too long and people just jump through the frame.

Many thanks,

H.
It would be best if you try it out with your own setups. There is no general rule that USB will be faster the Wifi. I don't have any stability issues with wifi as well - but please make your own tests with your specific gear.
Thank you Gunther... I will do some testing today as you suggest.

Your work is amazing!

Thanks again,

Hernando