LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Keeping up with the ISO's and Speeds on Holy Grail Shoots.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
New to Timelapse techniques. Just wondering how regimented people stick to exposure when shooting holy grail sequences. Do you make the adjustment every time the indicator shows overexposure or do you work within boundaries? I mean given that you will create additional key frames in the post, I'm comfortable with four, all aesthetics will eventually take keys from their settings. Shooting RAW the leeway is also quite tolerant so I imagine there would be a good leeway for taking a break mid shoot for a snack or a coffee etc?

Cheers,
Mark.
It depends of the situation that you are shooting. I recommend closely observing the histogram (not the camera metering) and avoid over exposing. If you can't (for example because the sun in directly inside the framing) you should change more often (1/3 stops) - if you have a smaller dynamic range, you can go for bigger (and thus less) adjustments.

The most comfortable way would be to use dslr-dashboard (see my tutorial in the tutorials section) to automate the ramping. :-)
Hey thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Mark