LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Foggy sunrise with cars and people
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was shooting a sunrise today, it was foggy, people walking in front of the camera, cars with bright lights etc, you get the point, there was a lot of lightning changes going on. I used the new Qdslr Dashboard on automode but I just realized that maybe in a case like this doing it manually would've been better. Now that I think about it's probably what caused the flickering in the first place. But I've already shot it and I cannot travel back in time (yet) to fix it.

Now I got somequestions for you..

In a scenario like the one above, is it better to just find another place to shoot or are there any secrets to getting it right? Does it matter which metering mode I use if there lightning changes going everywhere?

Sitting here in post I'm doing holy grail > deflicker > GB deflicker in AE and getting pretty OK results, but are there any other methods I am not aware of?
I'd suggest to just try to find a point where you don't have so much going on in front of your camera. Everything you do right when shooting you don't have to mess with in post.

Metering shouldn't matter, if you work in M mode. I'd suggest to just do it in Auto HG mode, but don't turn on the reverse correction.