LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Stabilizing forward movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to stabilize a boatlapse with the camera facing forward. Warp stabilizer in AE does a terrible job and there's no single point that remains in frame for the duration of the clip.

One of the clips can be seen here: https://vimeo.com/108330483 Password is "boatlapse"

I am now thinking of trying to use stabilize motion, track position only and then apply it to the horizontal plane only. Might have to break up the sequence in multiple sections to make this work. Will keep you posted but I am open to other suggestions!
You probably already tried this... But did you try changing the method drop down menu to: Position, Scale and Rotation?

On side note, the camera shake is not to bad in the shot.
I don't know exactly why, but with whatever settings I tried, warp stabilizer just went crazy whenever the boat passed under a bridge.

In the end I tracked position manually, and applied it to the X-axis only (luckily this was done with quite a large boat, and there where no waves or anything like that). Then some minor adjustments in rotation, and the result is pretty smooth, in my opinion.

I hope to show the end result soon!