LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: jumps between 2*/3* keyframes in Holy Grail Workflow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello timelapsers!
The old ones and the newbies : )

In the tutorial Gunther shows that after applying Holy Grail Wizard and load those xmp into Lightroom there're no difference in exposure between 2 and 3 stars keyframes.

But it looks like i missed something (or have a bug?), cause my 2* and 3* keyframes don't match at all. I've set up my timelapse as shown in the tutorial, but have exposure jumps at every 3* keyframes.

So, here're my questions:

1. What i'm doing wrong? : )

2. Honestly, i don't understand how they can match in the tutorial because as shown at 8:25 (vimeo) they have a drastic changes in Exposure (we see it by yellow line at graph and in Exposure Column in Table - see the attachment)

[attachment=732]

3. And lastly, i didn't get at all why this workflow doesn't need to Auto Transition for Exposure between 2*/3* keyframes, as in the Basic Workflow?

Could anyone, please, clarify about all of this.. or just the 1st one : )

And BIG THANKS to Gunther for this powerful tool !!
Hi Mac,
pleas send a screenshot of your sequence - the one from the tutorial doesn't help since everything worked out there ;-)

Try following the latest holy grail tutorial on the tutorial page: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial

Leave the 2nd layer (Color correction with 4* keyframes) for now, just render the sequence to see, if you get a smooth result. Please note: you won't see the changes in the LRTimelapse preview, only in the rendered video or Lightroom after reading Metadata.

Let us know.
Gunther
Thanks for respond, Gunther

Yes, i followed instructions in that tutorial exactly, Lightroom read metadata and updates keyframes looks, but all of 3 stars keyframes jumps noticeably. Rendered jpegs looks with the same jumps of course.

Here in the table we can see Exposure value at 3* frame jumps greater then previous frames:

[attachment=734]

But as i understand such a greater exposure value is what we need to compensate brightness, but how LRTimelapse does transitions between them - i don't get it : ))
As i see it's only me has such a problem))

And another question i have: does LRTimelapse support several grading versions of sequence?
Yes, you can create "Snapshots" of sequences that will store the whole editings of the sequence. You'll find the feature in the Snapshots menu and via the two buttons top right of the table.
Thanks a lot, Gunther!

I'm in the shock of emergency timelapsing and your app is very helpful because of power and simplicity! But unfortunately in Holy Grail Workflow i'm in the poor success for now with these jumping keyframes))

It looks like i need to buy a copy of LRTimelapse for myself because of this one i use on the my friend's computer.
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a workaround or solution?
me - not : )
just done what i need with basic workflow, not in Holy Grail
maybe try to start a new thread
I'll need more information to be able to help you. Please add at lease a screenshot of the preview with the curves after the HG-Wizard. Please open a new thread as well.
Los filtros no me muestran fotos sin ninguna estrella en Lightroom, los filtros están instalados, me podrían decirme que hacer ,gracias
Pages: 1 2