LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Straighten and Lens Corrections not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I followed the steps (I think). My pictures all needed to be straightened and I wanted to use Lightroom's Lens Corrections abilities. I was able to get the keyframes upright but when I used Auto Transition and Save, the other pictures remained crooked and the perspective was not corrected.

It seems strange that the keyframes were ok, but the changes were never made in the rest of the pictures.

Did I miss a step somehow?

Thanks,

Sam.
Normally the Lens Corrections should be properly transitioned, if the sequence is correctly initialized.
As a work around please try synchronizing the lens correction (and only that) on all images in Lightroom.
Ok. Thanks. I'll try that. But I'm still learning Lightroom so pardon me if I ask about syncing.

Should I make the lens corrections to the keyframes and then sync or to just the first image and then sync? I don't know what Sync does or how/when to do it.

I have already made changes in exposure, contrast, etc. Should I reset/initialize and then do just the lens corrections and then Sync, and then do the other adjustments?

Sam.
Just do the sync at the very end of the process before exporting the timelapse.
Appy the lens correction to the first frame, go to Grid View (G), clear all filters, select the whole sequence and then go to "synchronize" - remove all checkmarks and check only "Lens Corrections".
Now you should have the Lens corrections on the whole sequence.
Ok. I'll try that too.

But I should report that while waiting, I tried Synchronize on the entire bunch of adjustments and that seemed to work. I do now have a video of boats crossing Hong Kong Harbour that is fun to watch. Not great, but fun for me.

Thanks again. I learn a little bit more every time.

Sam.

(Let me know if you want to see what I have. They are on my SmugMug page.)
Gunther, if I have an odd angle where at first my scene is level but progressively gets unlevil till end is there a way to do a “ken burns” affect to make it straighten incrementaly in LRT?