LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Sunrise Post Processing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I shoot sunrises/sunsets using LRTimelapse's Holy Grail technique. However, I shot a wonderful sunrise but accidentally left the camera in Aperture Priority mode instead of Manual mode. Result -- too much flicker.

I would like to recover this sunrise sequence with minimum of flicker. Would appreciate your suggestion(s) on best possible technique?

Many thanks,
Jim
I'd suggest you try the defilcker only workflow, make sure that there are no orange Keyframes sett (Keyframes/Create Even Spaced Keyframes). Then go through the workflow, you might have to use the two step deflicker approach (search the forum for this).
I also have flicker, most noticeable in blue sky above a sunset. Could be a result of processing as you have suggested in another thread, but if I was to try the deflicker workflow would I start from scratch and reinitialize everything?
Yes, I'd recommend doing so.
I have 40 "jumps" made by dslrDB that the deflicker workflow has identified with ** and***. So match exposures on all? :-( Actually it shouldn't take TOO long...
You told me that you shot in A mode before. Then those "jumps" does not come from DslrDashboard but from the automatic adjustments the camera did.

So, if you shot in A mode, remove all those keyframes - initialize, use the deflicker workflow skip the keyframes wizard, if needed manually create some 1* keyframes.

If you used qDslrDashboard (you will always be forced to bring the camera to M mode then) - use the Holy Grail workflow, the "HG-Wizard" will automatically make all adjustments and leveling then. It's all explained in my tutorials and ebook btw.
No that wasn't me in A mode Gunther. I hijacked Jim's thread Sad as I had flicker too, even though I originally used the HG workflow . My sunset was shot with automation from dslrDB. Camera was set to M. Sorry for confusion.
Okay, if you shot with qDDB, just use the Holy Grail workflow like I explained in the Holy Grail tutorial: http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
I did try HG already and the result had flickery sky. I will try again from scratch (with the tutorial open beside me! Smile )

But theoretically, is it possible to impose additional deflicker on a HG sequence?
I started from scratch and went through the HG workflow again. Do you think the flicker can be improved?

Pages: 1 2 3