LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Rotating camera head - budget alternatives?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I planing to make a 24h time lapse of the midnight sun this summer, and I´m currently looking for some sort of mechanism that can rotate the camera 360 degrees in 24 hours. I have found a couple of motorized camera heads, but most of them seem to be quite expensive. Any ideas for a cheap way of setting this up??

Regards
Hallvar
(2012-03-13, 01:10)HallvarG Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I planing to make a 24h time lapse of the midnight sun this summer, and I´m currently looking for some sort of mechanism that can rotate the camera 360 degrees in 24 hours. I have found a couple of motorized camera heads, but most of them seem to be quite expensive. Any ideas for a cheap way of setting this up??

Regards
Hallvar

Try the GigaPan with a intervalometer perhaps GigaPan Pro

or you might find a solution here at OpenMoCo using a Celestron head. This might be the way to go.

Wayne
Raw Media Studios
(2012-03-13, 01:10)HallvarG Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,
Regards
Hallvar

Bit old, but if you are still looking for a motorized head, here are 2:
genie - syrp - can act as rotating head and as slider
MotionControl (via kickstarter)astro:Time-Lapse & Motion Control, still in kickstarter
radian (via kickstarter)very small, but still in kickstarter

If your still looking for one, i hope this helps,
If you already found one, i hope your enjoying it