LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: qdslrdashboard with iOS and Canon 5D II?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to use qdslrdashboard with an iOS device? I'm assuming this probably isn't possible just because of how locked down iOS is and the 5D2 lacking wifi. Just want to make sure before I investigate wired android or netbook solutions.
Sucessfully using it with my iPad and 5Diii. Just buy the App and a TP-Link.

Cheers

Garry
Ahhh perfect! Thank you!
Hello there, are you able to tell me whether I could use TP-LINK TL-MR3020 instead of the MR3040? the latter is very expensive in the UK while the 3020 is affordable. thanks in advance, Piccia
can you connect the 5diii to iphone Qdslrdashboard via cable or do you have to do it via wifi?
I have the same question.  I'm hoping to use my Iphone 6 by cable, to connect to my 5d Mark II and use qdslrdashboard.  Is this possible?

My reason for wanting to connect via cable is that (I'm assuming) the TP-Link router requires paying a wireless carrier for wifi service.  Is this assumption correct? Or will my phone be able to connect to the TP-Link without any additional wireless charges?

Thank you!
Danny
You can not use an iphone wired due to there is no usb support on iphone. You can use the TP-Link router. Do not need to use a wireless carrier. The TP-Link works with no service required.
Ok, great--Thank you Monty!
Hi Monty there are OTG cables. Though I have not tested the connection, but in theory it should work.