LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Shooting Beer Fermentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,
I'm a long time home brewer, but a newbie shooting timelapse. So far I've only shot clouds and city streets. I'm about to brew my next batch of beer, and thought shooting a time lapse of the fermentation would be pretty interesting. Typically a beer ferments for 10 to 14 days. In order to do a time lapse of this duration, does anyone have a suggestion for the shot interval I should use? Usually the fermentation is most active over the first three days or so, then gradually tapers off. I'm also wondering if the interval should lengthen as the fermentation slows down.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions!

-Brian
Hi Brian,
I'm more a beer drinker then a beer shooter, but this is my thoughts... :-)
I think the most important think would be to shoot under controlled light conditions. Since you will most probably doing thins inddors, you should just see that the light is always the same, use some slightliy longer exposures to prevent flicker from the AC power.
In terms of intervals you will be rather flexible. You can just start with shorter ones and then restart the shooting with slightly longer ones. Gaps due to stopping and restarting the shooting won't harm with this type of time lapse.
Just try it and make your own experiments!
Hope I could help a bit,
Gunther