LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: I changed to LR4 now it won't re-open..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I was having difficulty opening any folders within LRTimelapse, so I changed to the LR4 version in settings. Now it won't open, with the message:

"Cannot load Java Application

Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.AbstractMethodError:javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setFeature(Ljava/lang/string;Z)V"

I have tried uninstalling, but I think the preference file is stored outside the bundle (mac OSX version).

Can I completely remove all components and just re-install?

Thanks..

This has mos certainly nothing to do with the LR3/LR4 setting.
It rather seems like something is corrupted with your java installation. Please make sure to install the latest Java for you mac os than try again. Come back to me if the problems persist.
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, have done the same thing and also upgraded Java to latest suggestion as well as upgraded from LR3 to LR4.
restarted computer and still have the following:

Uncaught exception in main method: java.lang.NullPointerException.
Help!!!
Try installing the java from Apple not Oracle, maybe that helps!
Same problem here.
GB
Same problem what? Mac or PC? Java from Apple or Oracle? How am I supposed to help you if you don't provide me any details?
Everyone, this is how I solved this problem. Just download and install the latest beta upgrade for LR timelapse and use that. Did not fiddle with Java!! Thanks Herr Wegner!! Job well done as always, great software.!
(2013-02-21, 09:59)ANDRES Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone, this is how I solved this problem. Just download and install the latest beta upgrade for LR timelapse and use that. Did not fiddle with Java!! Thanks Herr Wegner!! Job well done as always, great software.!

So sorry, both pc and mac had same problem!
You certainly had a version from last year - there was a bug (discussed here) preventing that from starting.
I expect you guys to install the latest version before posting any bug reports here... I can not provide support for old versions!