LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Troubles with 4K sequences in Premiere
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am facing some troubles with my first post production of a 4K sequences with AE and especially with Premiere Pro CS6:
First of all I did some test processing in Premiere with sequences exported from LRT in h.264, 1080p and 24fps, worked without any issues.

Now I like to do so with some LRT exported 4K sequences, h.264, 4K, 24fps, UHQ, in Premiere again, I generated a sequence, screenshot below, and did some post production. But at this point I am already facing my troubles. When I pre-rendering the sequences in Premiere they judder already. They aren't running as smoothly as the file which has been exported from LRT.

Same appears when I export the sequence, settings in the screenshot, they are not running smoothly in the final video, 1 second smooth, interruption, smooth again and so on ..

As mentioned, this only happens with the 4K videos edited in Premiere, "Raw" footage from LRT is running smoothly as well as 1080p videos.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? Do I have the wrong settings? Is my system just too slow for this project?

I am using a MB Pro, i7 2,5Ghz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GT750M (Cuda in Premiere enabled), MID 2014

Thanks in advance to all!
Michael
You are creating a huge file, premieres estimation is 4GB. No wonder that the player will have trouble playing it.

I'd recommend using 2 pass encoding and lowering the bitrate until you get a decent file size that your (and other's) player can handle.
Thanks for the hints, I gave it a try with 2 pass and lowered the size to around of 1,8GB (80MBit/s to max 100 MBit/s) but unfourtunatly with no success, there is still the same issue. I am not facing any issues when I look at LRT sequences up to 6K and 1,3GB with a length of around 10 seconds or the max exported 1080p version with 4,3 GB, those are running smooth.

I am worried as the sequence isn't even running smooth pre rendered within premiere (without even exporting the video), I got the green rendered bar within my sequence (as an effect I made a little "digital movement of the video", meaning a 105% zoom and moving the raw footage e.g. from left to right) the movement is smooth, but the video not ..

I have no idea what's going wrong in there ... maybe the raw footages can be to big? from LRT with UHQ?
This seems to be more a premiere issue then, if you can play the LRT exports without any problems...
Maybe some of the other users have an idea what to do.
Thanks for the hint, in fact it was an issue in Premiere CS6 (at least with my installation) same appeared in After Effects CS6, moving to Premiere CC solved the whole issue. It is working now fine. Thanks for your time.