LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Issue with settings not transferring to LR4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great program when I get the instructions just right....little tricky that's for sure.

Ran one set this evening where everything came across ok. Had to convert images over to DNG and also work in batches under 3k as I found it would hang on previews. JPGS when failing about the same 3K mark and that's why I converted over to DNG.

The problem I'm seeing is that in that after running Auto Transitions it has the right values in the listing, but not exactly what one would expect to see after the keyframed images. After I saved updates in LRTL and then "Read metadata" in LR4 I found almost everything came across ok except the white balance settings. I might be missing other settings as well but white balance is the most obvious.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks
Stephen
(2012-03-28, 21:27)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]After I saved updates in LRTL and then "Read metadata" in LR4 I found almost everything came across ok except the white balance settings. I might be missing other settings as well but white balance is the most obvious.

First question: have you set the process version in LRTimelapse to LR4 (settings dialog)?
Second question: have you initialize the metadata in LRTimelapse and saved as first step? See the workflow instructions. If you initialize in Lightroom and for example the White Balance is set to Auto or one of the default presets it wont work. Initializing in LRTimelapse ensures that WB is set to "Custom" and all other settings are properly initialized as well.
It is crucial that you follow the workflow instructions at http://lrtimelapse.com
(2012-03-28, 22:44)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-28, 21:27)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]After I saved updates in LRTL and then "Read metadata" in LR4 I found almost everything came across ok except the white balance settings. I might be missing other settings as well but white balance is the most obvious.

First question: have you set the process version in LRTimelapse to LR4 (settings dialog)?
Second question: have you initialize the metadata in LRTimelapse and saved as first step? See the workflow instructions. If you initialize in Lightroom and for example the White Balance is set to Auto or one of the default presets it wont work. Initializing in LRTimelapse ensures that WB is set to "Custom" and all other settings are properly initialized as well.
It is crucial that you follow the workflow instructions at http://lrtimelapse.com

That would be yes to both. Wow you are fast in responding. Much appreciated.
I printed of the workflow chart to ensure I did not miss one little detail. I actually ran it 3 times each time deleting the metadata files to ensure it was clean.

That's indeed weird. Please try to follow the values: save all changes in LRT, chose one frame, remember the WB Hue and Temp settings and than click with the right mouse into the row in the tabel and select "image properties". Now check the following lines:
Code:
crs:Temperature = "YOURVALUE"
crs:Tint = "VOURVALUE"
crs:WhiteBalance = "Custom"

Temperature and Tint should have your values (to be really sure you could as well open the XMP files and search for them). If this is the case there is definitely rather something wrong with lightroom.
Keep me posted!

Best
Gutnher
It seems that LR4.0 has issues in writing metadata for DNG. Try downloading the just released 4.1 RC from Adobe - it should fix the issues.
(2012-03-29, 08:10)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]That's indeed weird. Please try to follow the values: save all changes in LRT, chose one frame, remember the WB Hue and Temp settings and than click with the right mouse into the row in the tabel and select "image properties". Now check the following lines:
Code:
crs:Temperature = "YOURVALUE"
crs:Tint = "VOURVALUE"
crs:WhiteBalance = "Custom"

Temperature and Tint should have your values (to be really sure you could as well open the XMP files and search for them). If this is the case there is definitely rather something wrong with lightroom.
Keep me posted!

Best
Gutnher

I've been playing with the software on a second machine tonight to see the result and I get exactly the same problem. Everything crosses over from LRTimeLapse except the White Balance Settings. I tried it in both LR3 and LR4 mode and no difference. I cleaned my Library in Lightroom 4. Tomorrow I'll try setting the White Balance in Lightroom 3.

I have found that it' always reverts the white balance to +12 even after the image preview images change.

On another note does the preview max out at 4000 images as I found I need to split larger runs.
Stephen
(2012-03-29, 23:41)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that LR4.0 has issues in writing metadata for DNG. Try downloading the just released 4.1 RC from Adobe - it should fix the issues.

Thanks - downloading right now and will let you know later today.
(2012-03-31, 07:50)LapseOfTimeHK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-29, 23:41)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that LR4.0 has issues in writing metadata for DNG. Try downloading the just released 4.1 RC from Adobe - it should fix the issues.

Thanks - downloading right now and will let you know later today.

So sadly problem still persists. The white balance defaults to +12 and tint to -2 regardless of what your program says. I can go through in manual batches using your incredibly accurate numbers but this is a ton of added work.
Do the values end up in the xmp files after saving in LRTimelapse or not?
(2012-03-31, 10:51)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Do the values end up in the xmp files after saving in LRTimelapse or not?

I have some good news...installed your new version and problem has gone away. You are not only offering a great product your support it like the big boys should. Once my product hits production your name and some funds will be heading your way.

Cheers,
Stephen
Pages: 1 2 3