LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Radial filter and LRT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering how does LRT handle radial filter transitions. If I use radial filter to adjust Milky Way and for example I use the existing radial filter provided by LRT to position it around my Milky Way (as an oval) in keyframe 2 and then reposition the same radial filter in keyframe 3 and there can be 200 images between these two keyframes, does LRT actually calculates new transitional position of the radial filter for all the images between the two keyframes ?
If it's supposed to work like that then somehow I cannot get it working for me. It does appear that LRT calculated new position for radial filter for all the images between the keyframes but the new position is quite wrong, not only the angle is incorrect but also the width and length of the radial filter was modified (made much smaller) by the LRT.

Cheers
Peter
here are 3 screenshots of the problem. first image is the radial filter as calculated by LRT, the other 2 images are my keyframes where I specified location, angle and the size of the radial filter
If you use the 2 filters, that LRTimelapse created on initialization, LRT will of course animate positions and all parameters.
ok thanks.

but then what would be the reason for the problem I described here ?
I used the radial filter provided by LRT.

in the screenshots above, the 1st screenshot is radial filter as calculated by LRT and it's evidently wrong. the other 2 screenshots are my key frames where I adjusted the position, angle and size of the radial filter, the LRT calculated radial filter screenshot is of an image between the two key frames.

peter
I don't know, I'm doing those Milky Way followings all the time with radial filters and it works without any problems. So just make sure to have the circular gradient edited and positioned on each keyframe - otherwise, if you leave one out, it will have the default settings and the animation might look weird.
Hi,
Fantastic that we can do with Lrtimelapse, so I tried to use the radian filter in order to modify an object. I am in the case where I use a pan motion so this object is moving. I understood to take care to have a radial filter defined for each keyframe. My issue is that the object is part of the picture only for the the beginning of the sequence ( an quarter ? ), then due to the pan, no more in the picture. so not able to put a radial filter. the result is that the radial filter doesn't move as expected...
Any idea about how to manage such a situation?
Thank you very much.
Dominique
First: It's important that you use one of the radial filters that LRTimelapse created. If you already deleted or added filters, just start over by initializing (metadata/initialize) the sequence again in LRTimelapse.

Now move one of the radial filters to the position where you want it, resize it, make your settings. Then proceed editing the keyframes from let to right, use the sync script to take over the settings of one keyframe to the other like explained in the workflow instructions.

Move the filter as the object moves. If the object moves out of the frame, just move the filter out of the frame as well, you might zoom out a bit in the Lightroom Navigator on top left to do so. For the keyframes where the object is outside the frame, just leave the filter there.
OK, thank you for your answer,
I will follow the advice you provide me with.
I will confirm onec I will have tried.
Thank you
Hi,
I applied the process you remembered, and the result is as expected.
Actually, I missed the initialize step which was part of the workflow in the 3.4, and now I understand that is applying initialize metadata command. I guess that also I deleted the radial filters from lrtimelapse, then adding from LR...
So I better understand the process now.
I got best results adding many keyframes to follow the object until it move out, instead to have only the second keyframe focus when the object leaves out.
Thank you very much for your help
You're welcome! Intializing will now be done intelligently in the background so you only need to initialize manually, if you messed up something and would like to start over. That's why the button is under "tools" now and not at the beginning of each workflow.
Pages: 1 2