LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Holy Grail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have made a test sequence with qdslrdashboard lrtimelapse and this is the result.
See attachment [attachment=1017]
I don't understand how the holy grail button produces such a compensation line. Where the preview (original) luminance is constant, the holy grail starts to compensate. It does not matter if 1 or 10 or 20 keyframes are inserted.

Camera is Nikon D5100. Format is RAW.

Thanks.

Edit1 : after taking the screen shot LRTimelapse hangs. It cannot be ended.
Edit 2: the program cannot be restarted.
It seems like maybe something with your sequence or exif data or previews might be wrong.
Try restarting, select "metadata/initialize". Then hit shift-f5 to redo the previews.

Now start over. Apply the keyframes wizard and holy grail wizard. Now check the log (info menu/show log), if you see any error (if in doubt send it to me). Probably that gets you going.

If not, check the exif data (exposure/iso in the table) where the keyframes have been created, compare with the brightness of the previews and try to identify what's going on. You might send me a screenshot of table + preview if in doubt.
Hi,

initialize didn't do any good. only after clearing the metadata from the set, i was able to produce an acceptable compensation line. but then lrtimelapse holy grail button and sliders did not work anymore. only after saving metadata.

Thanks
So is the problem solved for you now?
No the orange hg keyframes are not in the right place as you can see in the pic above. only after clearing the metadata the keyframes are placed correctly. i found another post with the same issue. sequence was shot in M mode.

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-issu...-detection

Also after clearing metadata the HG sliders and line are not updated in real time but only after saving the metadata.
After clearing the metadata you have to initialize the sequence, then save. Otherwise nothing will work.
yes i understand that.....but it doesn't work either! orange keyframes are still in the wrong place.

point is that LRT does not place the orange keyframes at the right place. only after clearing and NOT initializing and NOT saving the metadata some results come up.

there are now several reports on this buggy behavior.

from the log (after clearing and NOT saving metadata!):

[2015-06-11 12:44:00] INFO: Exif-Data for ISO/ShutterSpeed not complete, using old method for creating Holy Grail Keyframes.

looks like only the 'old' method works with these files.
A picture to clear things up.

The keyframe wizzard puts triangles at the frames where either iso, aperture or shutterspeed change. That causes the wrong interpretation of the holy grail wizzard.
The triangles should be at the frames where the luminance changes.
The delay in changing the sutterspeed in this case is due to qdslrdashboard, averaging three frames before changing the shutterspeed.
[attachment=1021]
I've been doing some additional test sequences and I still feel that LRT is not doing a good job here. All the sequences that were shot manually are fine.

I'll send you one sequence on a SD card, maybe you can work out some way to turn it into a timelapse.
In this sequence I used a 3-stop Cokin ND filter (P154) which was removed at frame 70. Dslrdashboard then gradually adjusted the shutterspeed. Dslrdashboard was set at sunset, auto direction on at 20%, avg pool size off, EV step 0.33 and correction every 1 frame .

I hope that you can work out something.

Thanks

[attachment=1052][attachment=1053][attachment=1054]
Changes in Exif Data for ISO/Shutterspeed should be directly correlated with the changes in luminosity (blue curve) - that's logical.
If it doesn't there are only to possible reasons for that:
1. the previews are wrong (try recreating the previews by hitting Shift-F5 to see, if that changes anything
2. the exif data is wrong.

Anyway: the blue curve looks totally strange - obviously dslrdshaboard was oscillating around the settings. I assume that you activated "Auto direction" and the threshold was too low. So after each change DslrDashboard made a change in the opposite direction. I'd recommend to not activate "Auto direction". Make sure to us the latest version of qDslrdashboard from here: http://dslrdashboard.info

This made the sequence turn out a complete mess. So I'd suggest to throw it away and try again. If you give LRTimelapse a completely messed up sequence, you cannot expect it to make gold out of it, sorry.
Pages: 1 2