LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: previews lacking for DNG files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've seen much info on the forum about DNG previews, but the precise answer to my question is still lacking...
I have generated some DNG sequences, from raw footage shot with my 5D mark III, magic lantern enabled.
Whenever I want to load the sequences in LRTimelapse, previews do not show, and I get the message : try to update previews in Light Room. Indeed, I can enable previews in LightRoom, but that's something I want to avoid in the future : that's very time consuming.
I wonder why I cannot see these previews, as they are showing in Light Room and After Effects.
I'm on windows 7, using Adobe CC 2014.
Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards.
If a DNG file has no preview embedded (this is for example the case with Cinema DNG and probably the same for the ML-DNGs) then LRTimelapse cannot show it. After Effects and Lightroom will then develop those DNGs, LRTimelapse cannot.
So currently you will have to embed the previews in Lightroom with the "Update Previews" function.

Please feel free to file a feature request in the "feature request" forum to request a feature to create those previews from LRTimelapse.
Thank you Gunther.
Then I will have to do this. Do you know an easy way to update previews for dng sequences, in LR, batch mode, by chance?... That would save a lot of time.
Thanks!
You can just select the uppermost folder for image sequences, so that all of the images are in the grid view, then you reset all settings for all images and then "Metadata/Update DNG Previews and Metadata".

I've moved the thread to "Feature Requests".
Thanks!