LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Second Shooter vs TB3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey LRTimelapse,

I've been looking at getting a bit more involved with my timelapse shooting, and I've been looking into getting a motion control system. I currently have a Neebo slider, and for light carrying/small jobs it's pretty good. However it doesn't always do what I want.

I've been looking into a full-blown system that does multi-axis control. The two that have come up are the Emotimo TB3 and the Kessler Second Shooter.

I've been trying to find a good comparison of both, but so far I haven't run into anyone who's used both. Gunther I know you've used the TB3 (I saw the gear review video) and it looked cool. I was also impressed by the Second Shooter though.

To me, from both videos I've seen the Second Shooter looks a bit easier to control. It also seems more stable (the TB3 seems like it mounts the camera up very high compared to the pan+tilt motor with the Second Shooter).

Can anyone give me a good comparison? Anyone used both? If not I'd also be more than happy with reviews of one or the other haha.

Thanks!
Hi, I do not know the Second Shooter, but recommend having a look at the NMX Controller too, it's an open system that you can control different motion control units with stepper motors with. The Stage R would be only one option. It's very easy to setup too.
Interesting, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the reply Gunther!