LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Coregistration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!!

I Have been following the development of TimeLapse photography and the emergence of LRTimelapse since a while..

I worked on a project for a "One year TimesLapse" between 2011 and 2012.
Recently, I got some credits from the University I am working and teaching at, for a Science & Art project using this huge 330 000 images data-base.
I am about to clean and normalizes all my image using LR6 and LRtimeLapse4 that became great software tools!

Unfortunately, during shooting time It was impossible to keep the tripod standing without little movements and each period needs some slight "Coregistration" of about few 50-100 pixels (x,y) and sometimes +/- 1° tilt angle as linear correction.

My friend and colleagues developed for me few lines in Python to "manually adjust" linear correction based on user landmark on key frames, and I would like to improve this code for kind of semi-automatic process..
please check:
https://github.com/btel/imageregistration

Do you think you could implement some of these function into the LRtimelaps workflow?

Best regards
and congratulation for bringing to life this wonderful software.
Luc.
Hi Luc, that's an interesting idea and approach! Unfortunately I have no experience with python - maybe they could provide a platform independent library or even better a java port of this?
Hi Gunther,

thanks for your reply!
I will re-open the python code and check soon for some translation in java ..
Being back to you soon.

All my best.
Luc