LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Parallelising export for multicore processors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

using the export plugin of LRTimlapse only one thread for exporting is started which uses only one or 2 cores of my processor. I'm looking for an easy was to export timelapses in 3 or 4 threads. The only way I found is to select each a third of the pictures and then enter the right number to start for the second and the thirt batch which is rather annoying. If there would be an option that LRTimelapse exports original filenames the problem would be almost solved. However, the best solution would be an automated parallelised export with 3-4 threads.

regards,
Thomas
Hi Thomas, this is a Lightroom issue in all version prior to 6/CC.

In LR 6/CC the export is parallelized anyway, it will use all the cores available on a single sequence export.

On LR Version < 6 usually we export two or three sequences in parallel to speed things up.
If you only want to export one sequence, with the LRT4 LRTExport Plugin you could select the first part or the sequence, set the checkbox "Skip LRTimelapse rendering", then select the last part of the sequence and enter the "initial sequence number" from where you selected. This will export the 2 parts in parallel.

My recommendation however would be to use LR6/CC.