LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: LRT 4.1 will not install on OSX El Capitan - version 10.11 Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Get an error saying it's not supported on this package is not compatible with this version of OS X and it is possible that the installation will fail ...

Tried anyway and the installation failed ...

Any plans to support beta versions of OS X?
Looks like it is the new security in OS X ... Exiftool dev is working on it:

http://u88.n24.queensu.ca/exiftool/forum...593.0.html

//Gunnar
UPDATE: This is an old thread! Of course EL Capitan is fully supported since LRTimelapse 4.3!
Hi Gunther,
I had this problem as well and downloaded your temporary patch. The LRTimelapse program works fantastic now, but the export script in Lightroom no longer works. When I try exporting a sequence for rendering, Lightroom gives the message "Unable to export: the "nil" plug-in is not installed or not functioning properly." Any ideas how to remedy this?
P.S. I'm running Mac OSX El Capitan on beta 3, with Lightroom 5.7
Could you please check the plugin manager in Lightroom? Maybe it tells you something more? Maybe deactivate LRTExport there, activate it again?
Hmm, I've just tried to reproduce this and cannot even run LR 5.7 on my El Capitan Beta 4. Will install the latest beta 5 tomorrow and test again. I guess it might be more a Lightroom problem.
Hmm... I'm not sure it's a Lightroom problem. I went into the plugin manager and got one potentially helpful bitĀ of information. Under the plugin author tools section it says: "the plug-in description script (Info.lua) is missing." Does this mean anything? I did not have the issue when I was running the stock version of lrtimelapse 4.2. The issue only began when I downloaded the patch. Thanks for the help!
Okay, I've tried to work around this. There is a beta 2 available from the link above that should install the plugin correctly:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt-...4#pid24694
Please let me know if it works for you.
Success! Thanks so much, Gunther. It's so cool to be able to just post in the forum and get a response and a fix from the developer within the hour. You've made such an incredible product here. Thanks a million.
Will
Good to hear that it works.

What Apple is doing here is going to create a huge mess. Since they changed all those permission things, most of the software will have to be changed in order to run on the new system. Even a clean install of Lightroom 5.x is not possible (it cannot create it's user folder). So without tricks, any user of an older Lightroom Version won't be able to install it anymore on 10.11. Great news for Adobe, this will force the users into upgrading to LR6 / CC...
Pages: 1 2