LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: IMG_9999 to IMG_0001
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

So I have a Canon camera and every 10,000 pictures, the number comes back to 0000, so I have this timelapse with 200 frames from IMG_9800 to IMG_9999 and then the rest of the picture from IMG_0001 to IMG_500 something, but I need the IMG_9800 to be first on the list.

I tried to Google the issue and came accros this forum http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-impo...ming-files

But I tried everything here and nothing work. Anything I do keeps sorting the file by name, even when I uncheck the box. When I uncheck it, nothing happen, when I check, then uncheck again, nothing happen ... so I tried to reload (F5) but nothing, so I tried to restart, but nothing (the box is checking itself automatically at some point) so I still have the issue. 

Please help me, this is really frustrating. 

Thanks
Hi,

this is very easy. There are a variety of free programms (e.g. joe or rename master) where you can rename the pictures. So just set the prefix IMG_ and the programm generates the number in ascending order.

After that you can edit the sequence as normally

Regards, Chris
or just sort by date.
Thanks for the answer Wire14, but apparently the program you mentioned is only PC and I am on mac.

I know there is a easy way to do it without renaming the file, technically LRTimelapse is supposed to sort the images using date and time. I unchecked the box "sort by filename" and nothing happens.

@klerhaungen This is what I am trying to do, LRTimelapse keeps sorting the files by name and not date/time.
Ok so I found an easy way to do it, I can rename multiple files at once on Mac (must be new, or I just didn't know we could do that), so I just added the letter A before the images from IMG_9800 to IMG_9999 (AIMG_9800 etc..) so that they end up at the top of the list, now it works fine.

But if somebody knows what the real issue, I would love to know!
(2015-08-02, 12:50)Emericlb Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I found an easy way to do it, I can rename multiple files at once on Mac (must be new, or I just didn't know we could do that), so I just added the letter A before the images from IMG_9800 to IMG_9999 (AIMG_9800 etc..) so that they end up at the top of the list, now it works fine.

But if somebody knows what the real issue, I would love to know!

Why You don't Reset the filecounter every time when You Start a New timelapse?
If the exif data is being read correctly (it should) then LRT will automatically sort by Date/Time, no need to worry about it at all.
If you want, you can use the rename feature in LRTimelapse (F2) too, to rename your sequences with a prefixing Date/Time.
(2015-08-02, 14:29)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]If the exif data is being read correctly (it should) then LRT will automatically sort by Date/Time, no need to worry about it at all.
If you want, you can use the rename feature in LRTimelapse (F2) too, to rename your sequences with a prefixing Date/Time.

So maybe the Exif Data weren't read correctly, cause I tried everything but the files were sorted by name only. Also when I tried to rename them using LRT like you suggest, I had an error message, saying to check the log file. So do you think that my images are corrupted or something? I never had this problem before. Hmm strange

Also, if you check the attached screen capture, you can see n/a on the Date/File Original column, is this normal?
I don't see a screenshot, and please attach the log file too. Info menu/Show log.