LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: De-flicker only in LRTimelapse 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I've been taking timelapses for a while. I've just purchased a license for LRTimelapse 4 to de-flicker a couple of them. Does anyone have any advice on just using the software for the de-flicker capability? On LRT3, there used to be a dedicated de-flicker workflow. It would be handy for me to be able to keep my own adjustments from lightroom without having to redo them (in the basic workflow tutorial, Gunther says you have to use the graduated filters provided by LRT4).

I don't think I can just jump in at the de-flicker part of the workflow because LRT4 needs to analyze the sequence first and add keyframes. 

Any help would be great,
thanks,
Elliot
Hi Elliot,

this should work in lr4 because you have xmp files. So if you load the folder in lrtimelapse the programm should detect the xmp files and you can just skip the upper part and start with the visuell deflicker

Regards, Chris
(2015-08-10, 22:31)Wire14 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Elliot,

this should work in lr4 because you have xmp files. So if you load the folder in lrtimelapse the programm should detect the xmp files and you can just skip the upper part and start with the visuell deflicker

Regards, Chris

Thanks Chris

What happens if I'm using DNG files with no XMP sidecar? LRT4 seems to be having trouble choosing which on to read
Mhh haven't tried this yet. But you can just try it. Maybe if you're scared you can duplicate the dng in a new folder and try it with the copies
LRT4 will write XMP sidecars for DNG, don't worry. You can just load a sequence, activate deflicker, and save the XMP data. Deflicker will then be applied. Load metadata for all files then in LR and export.