LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Unsupported compression; Importing batch Tifs to Premiere Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Until today I have always exported my sequences to Jpegs and today I thought I may try exporting it from LR to 8bit Tif files and see if my quality improves the final video(does it?).  When I try to import this batch into Premiere Pro I get an error:
"The file has an unsupported compression type"
It seems like a newby mistake but I cannot get any clear answers on the net.  What is wrong here?
I assume, Premiere doesn't support compressed tiff sequences.
I see not much point in using TIFF sequences in Premiere. I'd export to Prores with LRTimelapse and then use those prores squences in Premiere. This will deliver a much better performance and the quality is as good as lossless too.
Thanks Gunther. When would you use Tiffs then? Is it safe for me to export all sequences to Jpg (easier on memory) or may I regret doing this a few years from now?
I use the TIfs as intermediary sequences with the LRTExport plugin (mostly in 8bit). Then I render to ProRes in LRTimelapse. Normally I discard the TIF files after finishing, because I can recreate them any time from the RAW files and the XMP edits.