LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Wrong preview in LRTimelapse 1.8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on my third timelapse film and startet testing LRtimelapse.
I am working with LRTimelapse 1.8 and Adobe Lightroom 3.6.
I found a strange effect with the preview in LRtimelapse.
I dropped a few pictures. In fact I moved them to another folder.
Loading the remaining pictures into LRTimelapse and scrolling down the list, I found some of the deleted once again.
The number of pictures loaded is correct.
The filenames in the file list are correct. But the Preview pictures are not.
After some experiments (preview rerendering, reloading, restart of programs, ...) I found, that the first image is shown on position 1 and 2.
Every following image is shifted by 1 position (position 3 shows picture 2, position 4 shows pictures 3, ...).
The last picture is "missing" in the preview (showing the one before).
The shift is by filename. So the moved away pictures show up at the position right after the "gap" in filename list.

Example:
[font=Courier]Pos | Filename | shown in preview
001 | dsc_0000 | dsc_0000
002 | dsc_0001 | dsc_0000 <--- double
003 | dsc_0002 | dsc_0001
moved | dsc_0003 | ---
004 | dsc_0004 | dsc_0003 <--- unwanted
005 | dsc_0005 | dsc_0004
[/font]

I do not know, if this shift influences for example the deflicker function.
Gunther is on holiday so I will attempt to help you.

1. Before doing anything you should always make a copy of the files you are going to process in case you start experimenting or are unfamiliar with the program.

2. More than likely you need to start over since I can't tell what you did during all the experiments and may have overwritten the files with unwanted settings in Lightroom.

But let’s give it a shot. Looks like your working with Sony jpgs?

3. You may have just needed to reload the previews by selecting all (Ctrl-A) and hitting (Ctrl+F5) to refresh after deleting or moving. When making changes like removing files you may also need to re-initialize the metadata by first selecting all (Ctrl-A) then (Ctrl+I) and then save (Ctrl-S) the xmp-metadata.

4. If this doesn’t work copy only the files you want over to a new folder start LRT and follow the workflow as described here. http://lrtimelapse.com/#tabs-8-0-4

In the future rather than moving the files you can delete them from LRT by right clicking on the file name and selecting Delete. (since you made a copy this shouldn’t be an issue). Then Select All (Ctrl-A) and (Ctrl+F5) to Refresh. But be aware you will also have to Sync the folder in Lightroom to update the catalog or the photos will still appear and further confuse things.

FYI - By the sounds of it I don’t believe this is a “bug” and should have been posted in the appropriate forum “General Questions” I would have also searched for the answer in other posts as you might have found an answer like here http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-inco...-displayed Just sayin.

I highly recommend you also purchase Gunthers ebook http://lrtimelapse.com/shop/ebook/

Hope this helps and Good Luck

RMS
Hello, Raw Media Studio.

Thanks for your reply. You are right, I didn't read the mentioned thread the hole way. If so I would have postet this message as an extension of it.

To give you the missing facts:
- I use the Nikon D300 raw files
- I read Gunthers Book - the same time I tried the software.
- I searched the forum, trying every instruction I found
- I tried a second timelaps film. This worked fine.
- Fixing software problems is my daily business

Unfortunately nothing helped. Last steps:

1. I deleted the extra files from Lightroom and from disk
(o.k. there is a copy in another directory).
- I stopped LRTimelaps.
- I deleted all XMP-Files.
- I deleted all Development Settings in LR
- I rendered the standard size preview in LR
- I restarted LRTimelapse. I got the question to initiate, that I confirmed.
- LRTimelapse initialed the XMP-Files and loaded the preview images.
Same effect. Exactly same effect. Surprisingly I got previews from the deleted files.

2. I deleted also the pictures of the film (extra files still deleted)
- I copied the raw files.
- I deleted all files and the directory in LR (also removing from disk)
- I optimized the catalog.
- I restarted LR
- I loaded the images again into the LR catalog (copy)
- LR rendered the standard size preview
- I started LRTimelapse and selected the directory
- I confirmed the new initialization
- LRTimelapse loaded the new preview iamges.
Same effect. And again the deleted files shows in previews.

I have one or two more ideas. I will hold you informed.
Thanks for the detailed response. Now I have better understanding of problem and possibly a fix.

Previews are placed in a folder called stubs. You can find this folder under Application Data>LRTimelapse>stubs

You can either delete all the preview folders or just find that one that’s giving you the problem and delete that. Start the workflow over again and this should work.

If not delete LRT and reinstall. If that doesn’t work let me know and I’ll dive deeper.

Cheers

RMS
Deleting the preview images solved the problem.
Thank you RMS for your help.

The path in Windows (Vista) was %APPDATA%\LRTimelapse\stubs. %APPDATA% is a hidden directory and can not be seen in Explorer normally. (For those in future, who are not so experienced in Windows.)
(2012-04-09, 22:43)epetter Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting the preview images solved the problem.
Thank you RMS for your help.

The path in Windows (Vista) was %APPDATA%\LRTimelapse\stubs. %APPDATA% is a hidden directory and can not be seen in Explorer normally. (For those in future, who are not so experienced in Windows.)

Glad it worked. Yes since we neglected to discuss OS you are correct. Good add.

RMS