LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Using renders as intermediate files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working to learn the new workflow of LRT 4 and have been playing with the rendering engine. Up to now I have used After Effect to render a full resolution Cineform file which I then can use to edit and output finished films in Premiere Pro. This was a workflow recommended by Tom Lowe a couple years back. I'm thinking that perhaps I should try doing a similar thing but export to Prores via LRT instead. How are you guys doing this? Anyone have any recommendations to get the best possible quality using a rendered intermediate file from LRT? Thanks!

-Sam
Using the Prores export from LRTimelapse delivers similar, if not superior quality compared to cindeform from after effects and the workflow is much faster. A couple of years ago I was using that AE/Cineform workflow too, but never looked back.
(2015-08-24, 22:49)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Using the Prores export from LRTimelapse delivers similar, if not superior quality compared to cindeform from after effects and the workflow is much faster. A couple of years ago I was using that AE/Cineform workflow too, but never looked back.
That is very encouraging. I will move forward with Prores. I've noticed in your tutorials that you recommend using the default 8 bit tiffs, and high quality render settings since the "higher" settings mostly just give you a bigger file. Would this be your advice for this kind of full resolution intermediate file as well? Thanks very much!