LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Ignore middle keyframe when cropping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, (first post)

Is it possible to ignore the middle (or several middle) keyframes when using the crop function.
I want a Ken Burns from beginning to end. If I crop the first image (/keyframe) and the last, of course the crop (/Ken Burns effect) wil start at the middle keyframe (or the one closest to the last).
Guestemating what the crop should be for the middle keyframe(s) is a bit hard.

Am I not getting something?

(Searched the forum, couldn't find the answer)

Thanks,
Gilean.
(2012-04-09, 12:53)Gilean Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, (first post)

Is it possible to ignore the middle (or several middle) keyframes when using the crop function.
I want a Ken Burns from beginning to end. If I crop the first image (/keyframe) and the last, of course the crop (/Ken Burns effect) wil start at the middle keyframe (or the one closest to the last).

Thanks,
Gilean.

I'm confused by your question. If you are looking for a Ken Burns effect throughout your sequence why are you talking about middle keyframes? I think your perhaps missing a step.

Have you watched this video from Gunther? http://vimeo.com/26083323

If you don't find your solution in the video give me some more details about what exactly you are trying to achieve and I'll see if I can come up with a solution.

RMS
(2012-04-09, 12:53)Gilean Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, (first post)

Thanks,
Gilean.

1. set keyframes for exposure jumps & save metadata.
2. load metadata in LR & adjust exposure of these keyframes to tidy up the jumps. you can also make colour adjustments here as well but personally i prefer to do it later. Save metadata in LR
3. back to LRT & reload metadata & hit "Auto(keyframes)" button to let LRT blend the values. Now set the keyframes that will be relevant to the crop (eg: start & end of panning or any changes in direction. Save metadata.
4. Load metadata in LR, edit the crops & save metadata.
5. reload metadata in LRT and hit the auto keyframes button again. Save metadata
6. load metadata in LR and you are ready to render.

I simply add another pass in LRT to edit the colour balance & the gradients. this can be done in the first pass, but i find i get smoother changes if i do it later

Hope that helps.