LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: my first Holy GRail.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most went ok. something weird happened a few minutes in with QDSLR. the image keep ramping every frame, destroyed half of my Lapse.Thankfully learned a lot the first time. Will only perfect each time im out.

https://youtu.be/B8t5hiWg06Q

The hard part is finding a pollution free area in the East of the USA.. and a place your gear is safe.

I still need help with 4K format. I am having to use to Davinci Resolve, debating on buy this or sticking with Adobe's sell out product! I personally think cloud base software is shit!!
Ramping every frame? That should not happen. Make sure to NOT set "Auto direction" to on and have a proper exposure when you start.

My optinion is, that if you use LRTimelapse with Lightroom (where you don't need to use the cloud!) - can do the grading too, no need to use Davici then.
Thank you for the reply Gunther. I did hit the auto direction button twice. I wasn't sure what that function did did. The effect was cool but destroyed my sequence. I only have your tutorial on un using qsdlr. Wonder if there is a manual for it and LRT addon?

I am only considering Davinci because I am never going cloud with software. I also love their color grading.

Can you share settings that was used on African Skies 2? That was some of the best time lapse I have seen and I have been in love with the format for 40 years now. I want to perfect my Images like that.

Waiting for your Hyper LApse tutorial... keep up the Great work!!
Hi Amon,
there is no special settings I use when editing, I just do the keyframe editing in LR and export in ProRes from LRTimelapse.

Regarding qDDB: there is a nice documentation on http://dslrdashboard.info
Hello Gunther

Got busy with work and never got to try the LRT pro trial. I got some more time lapse seq, but it was very foggy after 30 hours of rain. Hunting my perfect holy grail is now worse than a drug addiction. It almost makes me wanna move back west for perfect night skies!!

Can you recommend a tripod that will hold my 6' stage zero slider and stage r with canon 6d?
I'd go to a camera store and check some tripods - there are a lot of good tripods around that are sturdy and not too expensive. I like to ones from Sirui for example.