LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: DSLR Dashboard inconsistent interval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using DSLR Dashboard on 2013 Nexus 7 connected wireless with TP-Link router to Canon 5D MKII. Works well accept DDB sometimes pauses for anywhere from 1 or 2 sec to 6 or 8 seconds in the countdown before signaling the next shutter release. Seems to always happen at about .5 seconds before shutter release. Consequently, with a 17 sec interval set, I am getting recorded intervals as long anywhere from 18 to as long as 25 seconds. I always makes sure to run only DDB when shooting. 

Any ideas?
This is something I've already reported to Zoltan, the Author of qDslrDashboard. Until it's fixed, I mostly use an external timer.
Please post this in his forum on dslrdashboard.info - I'm not sure if he is reading here.
OK - thanks for that info. I have tried the same but, with the intervalometer plugged into my MKII, I can't change the ISO. Any tricks for that?
Then the intervalometer is the wrong one - some of those lock the AF signal, then you won't be able to change the camera settings.
Especially the Canon and Nikon original ones are known for doing so.
I recommend the pixel timer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YL8...lapseco-20

You can use any standard shutter release cable for your camera with it and it does not block the camera.
Thanks Gunther, I'll work in that direction for the Canon.

I just ordered a Sony A7RII & Nikon 14-24G which will arrive tomorrow - heading for Mexico - remote area on the Sea of Cortez - from my home state in Arizona as soon as it arrives with Stage One 3 axis rig for time lapse work. Ordered a Neewer DSLR Camera Shutter Release for the Sony and am hoping it will work with the Nexus and DSLR Dashboard for ramping shots. If not, I'll save the ramping stuff for later.

Love using your LRTimelapse application. Excellent job on that!

Steve
You can use the pixel timer for the Sony too, just get the release cable for it!